i'm not going to say something lame like oh how time flies because NO. this year did not pass by quickly for me.
it took forever for each and every exam to pass especially spm. and now i'm a high school graduate babes :)
i guess i'm bad at remembering the year at the top of my head right nao, so, i'll use my blogger archive.
1. first of all, was walking into 5Explorer. i didn't really like the classroom, but i love the classmates :)
me, adeline, panda, and debbie were together :) and our whole gang sat at the back of the class. unlike last year when we were all scattered everywhere. this year we all got closer and become more of a gang :) and if i dare say so, we are the coolest class in form 5 :) we're also the class with most drivers. and class pictures.
2. i was abit tuition crazy this year as well. see, i'm not like you normal people :) before this year, i never went for like a structured, syllabus oriented tuition. my only tuition was more of a self study, personal tutor kind of thing? i'm not weird kay. see there's normal people there too :)
i guess i'll never see most of them again :( but i love them very much.
there's the usj12 gang, me, karling, andrew, chor heng, kavitra and kf. and then sri kl which is vern and audra. then seafieldians alvin and kai ning and then usj13 is ken wee :)
right. what i meant by tuition crazy is that i kept joining and quitting tuitions. but it was a totally new experience for me. i only went for pn.poh's chem for like 7 classes, then quit. then mr.raj's bio, chem and phy for like less than 3 months. and i was considering add maths and even moral classes too kay.
basically, i don't like it. for real. never liked it. never needed it. my advice would be to not go for so many different tuitions, but i guess different people different methods la.thank goodness my brain chose the more money saving one right :)
3. prefect board. hmm. as an ajk (with a more flexible post) i already escaped the daily duties but with it comes extra stuff right. i didn't exactly love the ajk board as most of you should know, but it made me more responsible and i got to do a lot of things for this darn school.
first and last agm i ever had to handle in the first few weeks. loved planning and facilitating camps. and then there's extra events.
all in all, i am bittersweet about prefects. i did earn a lot of things personally, but over all, i don't think it was worth it. you don't get much credit from teachers, or students, unless you're the head prefect, and the hours are crazy. my grades suffered. and the day i retired was the best day ever.
4. mssd. man i know i was whining about it all the time. even i'm tired of talking about it. lots of training, lots of effort, lots of fun, lots of experience, lots of failure. and encik shahril's gone :(
5. hard work and exams. form 5's not an easy year. i know college and uni is superbusy too, but let me elaborate as it is :) i remember first week adi got piled down with homework. especially with add maths and pn. heng's math. tip? give up on sivics, bm, moral and english work. seriously, don't waste your time. if you can escape, then good.
exams were superkiller man. we are i think the only school with double midterms plus double trials. most of the year is exams wan. not fun. always busy. i've learnt to be a superpowered multitasker :)
and for spm of course, you learn how to work hard again. especially till the last day when i'm so dead tired and slept less than 4 hours of sleep for the last few papers, falling sick and stilllll made it through :)
and that's why i feel so contented nao, it's because i couldn't possibly have pushed myself further anymore. now it's up to God :)
6. all that, without abandoning my social life. form 4 and form 5 are so different because when you're friends can drive, omg, you can go out A LOT :) in a way it's also a year of freedom.
my parents were uncharacteristically nonchalant about me going out a lot despite having major exams :) which was cool.
in fact not just school people lah, my church gang also. how many gazillion surprise parties and events and every year you just have to top it.
7. as a twelvean, we got one of the best events of the year. we're not the coolest school with IU's or concerts and stuff, but this year we got some and i don't think future and past years were as lucky as us.
a) kantin day. omg dunking machine osm! and first time in a loooonnngg time since it was open to public. put so much work into it, with the staying back and the cupcakes.
b) talent search. made me crazy. but osm right? and all out talent search held at night? in our school? never :D but still it happened. and it was great. and who planned it? me :) i. am. osm.
c) graduation. ok i know the only reason the previous year didn't have this was cause of h1n1, but i think this year we stepped it up because of our coolness :) everyone looked so pro that day and :') we graduate from high school :')
d) prom babeh. i'll do another whole post on this. but really i appreciate the committee for planning it so nicely.
now you tell me which other year had a combination of all these? :) remember, they were public events (xcept graduation lah)
a) BIRD! Posted on 10th June:
yes. i claim it as mine. and i was so excited about it when it was around.
b) i now have the guts to kill cockroaches. with ridsect. never ever with smacking or squashing cause it's DISGUSTING.
c) bejeweled. it's stuck on me and will never let go. serious addiction throughout the whole year D:
d) football. the love increases every year. and the world cup.
9. people leave :(
danielle, sam, julian, jc, paul, ysl. there are some coming back :) and a lot more still going. next year. i will emo.
10. i've also learnt to trust God more :) throughout the whole year of always being busy and tired, God never failed me. He was always there for me through exams and events and whenever i was just wanting to give up. He provided me with great friends and overall great opportunities.
and in terms of relationships, i made a promise to God about the guys i would date. it's more than having high standards. i don't want to get into a relationship in which my parents and God would disapprove of, and i want it to be right. a guy with a future.
and a guy that was mature enough to put God and studies first too.
so i gave up on guys for awhile :) in a good way you know? this is longest time i've not even liked or had a crush on a guy because i know what i want and right now, is NOT a boyfriend :)
and in my decisions. there IS a reason why my parents trust me enough to not complain about me not studying or going out too much or making bad choices and lying to them.
it's because i DON'T lie to them. and each year i promise myself that i would do only good things.
and of course my studies. couldn't have done it without Him :)
God, thanks for a great 2010 :) and i wish the best for 2011.