Pick Me

Monday, April 2, 2012

even when you're gone.



going to do some slammin' today. because i need to get it out.

i have to be real careful how i say this because it's so common for so many of you. 

i'm no fan of the 'smartphone generation' that we are today. it's quite annoying sometimes.
i love my phone i really do. i like wifi. i like my fb. my twitter and whatever else. but i'm not slave bound to it 24/7 okay. i annoy myself when i overuse any of those things, and probably i only use them when i'm sick of studying or need to check some stuff here and there. or when using my computer i just leave it on. and it's fine when i'm alone. right?

well, i think you're crazy if you're constantly glued to your stupid phone/ipad when you're with other people. my gawd. maybe just to say who you're with, or check in or whatever else -_- that's fine. but if you're casually doing alll that that doesn't need to be done, then why the heck are you out in the first place? go home!

can't you enjoy the presence of just hanging out with your friends by talking, and having at least eye contact? what's so important that you're missing out on in cyberland?

even worse if you're playing some stupid game. i think next time, i'll just get up and leave, or go sit with someone who knows how to hold a conversation. 

do you really expect me to believe that you're having fun when all you do is tweet about having fun and checking in and out of wherever the heck you are? 

if I'M having fun, you won't even see my phone, unless I have to urgently reply or check on something. yeesh. and by urgently reply i mean urgent enough to reply asap okay. 

if you want to dissociate so much, then do it, but not at the expense of other people. 

i will throw bricks at you.

1 comment:

Sweet Tooth said...

I agree. It's like whenever I go out and that's rare enough, one of my friends will be on fb and that person or some other person will check the whole group at the place we're at. i told them not to include me anymore. partially because I'm paranoid and I feel like I'm being tracked down or something, which unless I'm planning my alibi for robbing a bank, I don't acre for. I'll remember where I went out with my friends and if I want to imprint a memory, i would rather take a picture and hang it on my cement wall, not fb wall. We forgot how it is to truly sit down and communicate with people, eye to eye, not window to window.